- MOST IMPORTANT: consider your needs, dont blindly follow standards
- S3: there are different types of storage
- If your instance are only providing a few functions (esp if) depending on sparse events, consider using a lambda function.
- Consider is cloudfront will be cheaper than hitting your instances
- RDS is more expensive than ec2 self managed db, but consider the tradeoff
- Dynamo is charged by read/write shards, get pretty expensive if you dont consider optimisation in your solution design
- SES: Mostly negligibly cheap, but unless youre blasting your ass off and risk classifying your emails as spam, just lambda it.